Qasr al-Ameer

From Parkducentrale
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Qasr al-Ameer (Arabic: قصر الامیر) or A Wudi Fejedelem Càzorja (Hungarian) is a medieval era fortification in Wudi, Parkducentrale, built by Ibrahim al-Aadami (Ádámfia Ábrahám) and further developed by subsequent Emirs. It was the seat of government in Wudi and the residence of its rulers for nearly 1000 years from the 11th century to the present. Its location on a promontory of the Peter's Hill near the centre of Wudi commands a strategic position overlooking the city and dominating its skyline. At the time of its construction, it was among the most impressive and ambitious military fortification projects of its time.